So, what is ISO? ISO is an independent, non-governmental international organisation with a membership of 164 national standards bodies.
Through its members, it brings together experts to share knowledge and develop voluntary, consensus-based, market relevant International Standards that support innovation and provide solutions to global challenges.
The ISO 9001:2015 aims to provide a practical and workable Quality Management System for improving and monitoring all areas of your business.
Implementing an effective and robust ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) will help you to focus on the important areas of your business and improve efficiency.
What are the benefits of certification?
- To provide products and services that consistently meet customers’ needs
- To enhance customer satisfaction through a processes of continual improvement
- To ensure it conforms with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
The benefits to your organisation:
- Increased efficiency – Implement processes and procedures which are based on a quality focus.
- Increased revenue – win more contracts and tenders, whilst streamlining your processes and identifying opportunities for cost savings.
- Greater employee morale – by ensuring that all employees are working to one agenda you can reduce errors and increase productivity.
- International recognition – recognised in approximately 188 countries, ISO 9001 can help you to access international trade.
- Factual approach to decision making – ensure the business decisions you make are beneficial long term by basing them on facts.
- Better supplier relationships – business has credibility through the reputation of ISO 9001, providing suppliers with greater confidence in what you do.
- Improved record keeping – as with any management system, ISO 9001 ensures you document your processes from start to finish. Helping you to handle customer complaints and improve process efficiency.
- Improved customer satisfaction – ensure you have a feedback system in place which will help you to understand your customers’ needs, identify areas for improvement and reduce wasted resources.
- Continuous improvement – using non-conformity reporting and trend analysis, you can spot areas for improvement and stay ahead of the competition.
The benefits to your customers:
The ISO 9001:2015 standard is recognised worldwide and your customers will understand the benefits of working with companies that are ISO 9001 certified. In fact, some of your customers will only do business with certified companies because it gives them assurance that your management systems are constantly assessed and approved.
Your customers will know that working with certified companies provides many advantages:
- Minimises mistakes
- Improves reporting and communications
- Better quality products and service
- More reliable production scheduling and delivery
- Standards maintained by annual assessments
Published on 14 Oct 2021