SALSA (Safe and Local Supplier Approval)
Written by experienced food experts, SALSA is as robust and effective food safety certification scheme which is appropriate for smaller food producers and processors.
It is aimed at micro and small food and drink manufacturers and offers a more appropriate standard than BRC Global Food Standard.
Approved suppliers can demonstrate that they operate to standards that are recognised and accepted across the industry and exceed the minimum standards expected by enforcement authorities.
SALSA approval is only granted to suppliers who are able to demonstrate to an auditor that they are able to produce safe and legal food and are committed to continually meeting the standards requirements.
The benefits to your business:
- Supply national buyers on a local or regional level
- Demonstrates you are producing products in a safe and legal manner
- Receive guidance and support to develop a food safety management system specific to your business needs
- Gain confident to approach national and regional buyers
- Avoid high costs associated with other schemes
Pentagon Assurance can support you from the very start of your SALSA journey, our highly qualified team provide guidance and the necessary tools to make sure you succeed in gaining your certification.
If you would like us to maintain your system after your certification we can provide a service to ensure this happens.
To discuss your requirements further or for a free no obligation quotation please contact us.