The ISO 22301 standard helps you understand and prioritise threats to your organisation. Its Business Continuity Management System specifies the steps you need to take to reduce the threat of disruption, protect your assets if something does go wrong, and recover quickly from any incidents.
The standard is of particular interest to businesses looking to ensure their products and services can continue to be delivered at an acceptable capacity during a disruption.
A key component of a business continuity plan (BCP) is a disaster recovery plan that contains strategies for handling IT disruptions to networks, servers, personal computers and mobile devices. The plan should cover how to re-establish office productivity and enterprise software so that key business needs can be met. Manual workarounds should be outlined in the plan, so operations can continue until computer systems can be restored.
There are three primary aspects to a business continuity plan for key applications and processes:
- High availability: Provide for the capability and processes so that a business has access to applications regardless of local failures. These failures might be in the business processes, in the physical facilities or in the IT hardware or software.
- Continuous operations: Safeguard the ability to keep things running during a disruption, as well as during planned outages such as scheduled backups or planned maintenance.
- Disaster recovery: Establish a way to recover a data centre at a different site if a disaster destroys the primary site or otherwise renders it inoperable.
The benefits to your business:
- Minimising disruption and maintains your services
- Flexibility and responsiveness by improving your crisis management techniques
- Competitive advantage
- Continuous improvement
- Regulatory compliance
- Brand reputation
If you would like us to maintain your system after your certification we can provide a service to ensure this happens.
Don't need to gain ISO 22301 accreditation but require a business continuity plan? We can support you in creating your plan individual to your business.
To discuss your requirements further or for a free no obligation quotation please contact us.